Thursday, January 15, 2009

Windows Live Writer 2009 Released

... and yes this blog post was made with the newest non-Beta version of the tool.  I usually just stick to post regarding SQL Server, but this one has nothing to do with SQL Server aside from the fact that I use Windows Live Writer to Blog about SQL.  If you have a blog, are new to blogging, or are planning on blogging in the future, give Live Writer a look test.  It is free, and it connects to most public blogging sites without any real configuration.  All you have to do is install it, point it to your blog, provide your username and password and it is ready to publish anything you type up.

http://download.live.com/writer

Some reasons I use Live Writer:

  1. I can start a new blog entry and save it locally when I get ideas that I'd like to blog about but don't have the time to dedicate to writing the entry.
  2. It has a Microsoft Word like interface that is familiar.
  3. It accepts plugins that allow you to do things like add tag clouds, insert videos, pictures, formatted code (this doesn't work out so hot with blogger.com as I learned a few months back due to CSS issues and overlaps).

You can also manage multiple blogs with a single install of Live Writer.  I think it is one of the better tools I have in my blogging toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment