Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Automating Common DBA Tasks

A few weeks ago I did a live meeting presentation for the PASS Database Administrators Special Interests Group (DBA SIG) on Automating Common DBA Tasks.  I spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how to put the source code from my own processes online for others to view/use.  One problem I encountered is that I never designed this to be used by anyone other than myself, so the code wasn't really friendly to anyone but me.  I also did a number of things that are environment specific to my SQL Server environment, and were overly complex to try to explain online the how and or why behind them.  So in the end I reworked a majority of my own code into what I hope is an easy to follow, and easy to implement article series that I put up on the MSDN Forums Example site we use for the SQL Server Forums.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/SQLExamples/Wiki/View.aspx?title=AutomatedDBA

If you happen to have problems with any of the scripts, please let me know by leaving me a comment or sending me an email, and I will correct the problem immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment