Monday, October 20, 2008

SQL Server Health & History (SQLH2) Now Open Source

Last month I placed a feedback suggestion to Microsoft requesting the release of the SQLH2 source on codeplex for the community to maintain since Microsoft was no longer providing updates/changes to the project.  You can read the connect item here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=369941

I found by accident tonight that the project was in fact made available open source on codeplex this month:

http://www.codeplex.com/sqlh2

This is very cool, since the community can now drive ongoing changes and development of this awesome free tool.  I am not sure if my connect item had anything to do with this since it wasn't updated by Microsoft, but I did leave a comment on the connect letting them know it had been fulfilled and could be closed.  I plan to request to join the team that will be working on updates and changes to the app through codeplex soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment